In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
These are the perfect after school snacks. Your kids will love it! They are creamy, chocolaty, sweet and just so good! They are a healthy version of the classic cookie sandwich. This chocolate hummus is full of fiber, protein, healthy fats and micronutrients that will give kids the sustained energy and nutrients they need. Use the left over chocolate hummus as a dip for fresh fruits or a spread for toast, etc. Enjoy!
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional
For the chocolate hummus:
- 1–15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. almond milk (optional) – use if you have a batch already made – skip if not.
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the cookie sandwiches:
- Chocolate hummus
- Any type of cookie you like – choose cookies that have just a few natural ingredients. I used some coconut crisp cookies.
- First, make almond butter if you don´t already have a batch made.
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out all the almond butter and store in container.
- Add 2 tbsp. of almond butter back into he NutraMilk and the rest of the hummus ingredients.
- Press Mix for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are combined and hummus is creamy and smooth.
- Spread a few spoons of hummus on half of the cookies. Top with another cookie and enjoy!