In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
A great recipe that's lactose-free, vegan, high-protein dairy-free milk and is low cost.
*Servings 6 Cups
- 1 cup soy beans
- 8 cups filtered water
- Start by soaking the soy beans for six hours or overnight. * During this time the soy beans with expand to 2-3x their size.
- Once they are soaked you can then optionally peel the beans. This isn't 100% necessary, although it will help to blend smoother homemade soy milk and only adds a couple extra minutes of prep time to the recipe. After soaking the beans, the skins will come off very easily.
- Next, add the soaked beans into the Nutramilk processor for just 10-15 seconds to break down the seeds slightly.
- Add the water and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- You then do an initial strain into a large pot. This will reduce the risk of any of the beans burning to the bottom of the pot while you heat it. However, I simply transfer the entire mixture into the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- When the mixture starts boiling, continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. While boiling, remove the foam that starts floating on top. You want to try and skim as much of this foam as you can.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the heat off and leave to cool down for a few minutes. Then pour the milky liquid in a bowl thorough a nut milk bag.
- Squeeze or press down the nut milk bag so all the liquid drains into the bowl. This can then be transferred to a bottle. Store your homemade soy milk in the fridge for 3-5 days. If it begins to smell/taste sour then it is past its best.
- You can also freeze soy milk for 3-6 months. However, this can slightly affect the texture of the milk ( although not the nutrition).
See details and full recipe here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/simple-h omemade-soy-milk-recipe/