In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Never thought about wraps for a thanksgiving dinner?
Me neither, until I was inspired by this recipe made with delicious fall ingredients perfect for the occasion. And who doesn’t love wraps? These are absolutely delicious – an easy finger food that can be a main dish or appetizer that will certainly be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
For sweet potatoes
- 2 large (~150 g each) sweet potatoes (organic when possible)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed, drained and thoroughly dried in a towel)
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 scant tsp sea salt
- 1 healthy pinch each ground coriander + cardamom (optional)
- 4 flatbreads or pita of choice (sub for any gluten-free flatbread or tortilla)
- Toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- Fresh arugula or parsley
- Garlic Dill almond Sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. of garlic infused oil or a garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C).
- Thoroughly wash and dry sweet potatoes, then slice (skin on) into bite-sized rounds/pieces.
- Add to a mixing bowl with avocado oil, thyme, cinnamon, sea salt and cayenne (optional). Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- To the same mixing bowl, add rinsed, dried chickpeas, avocado oil, almond butter, thyme, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, sea salt, and coriander + cardamom (optional).
- Toss to coat, then arrange on baking sheet with sweet potatoes where space permits. (Depending on size of baking sheet, you may need to use a second to accommodate all potatoes and chickpeas).
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes, flipping/stirring once at the 15-minute mark to ensure even cooking. You’ll know they’re done when the potatoes are fork tender, and the chickpeas are golden brown, dehydrated, and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare toppings and dressing.
- Add almond butter made with the NutraMilk in a medium bowl (See instructions here, if you don't have a batch made) along with lemon juice, garlic, dill, and spices and whisk until well combined.
- Add water slowly and whisk, until you reach desired consistency.
- Once potatoes and chickpeas are finished baking, wrap flatbreads in a damp towel and warm in the still warm oven for 1-2 minutes (or in the microwave for 30 seconds) to soften and make more pliable.
- To assemble, top each wrap with a portion of sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Add desired toppings, such as dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, arugula, and garlic-dill almond Sauce.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep separately in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker.