In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Here is a delicious way to include more veggies in your diet!
Eggplants contain powerful antioxidant phenols, which are important for neutralizing damaging free radicals in your body. Red bell peppers are the richest dietary source of vitamin C. Just one small bell pepper may provide up to 123% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA).
Pine nuts are comprised of numerous health promoting phytochemicals, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals that have anti-aging effects & may benefit vision and heart health. Research also shows pine nuts can help in suppressing your appetite! Enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe!
Yield: Approximately 2½ cups (310 g)
- 5 cups cubed eggplant (350 g)
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers
- ½ cup pine nuts (65g)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (15g)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Italian spice blend
- ¼ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Eggplant: Peel and cube the eggplant, and drizzle with olive oil. Place in 325°F (163° C) oven for 25-30 minutes, turning the eggplant at 10-minute intervals. Bake until tender.
- Red Peppers: Place whole red peppers under the broiler. Keep turning them until the skin gets charred. After all sides of the peppers are charred, put them in a dish to cool. Remove the charred skin.
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk container.
- Press the Butter cycle, set for one minute, and run for 10-15 seconds.
- If there is any liquid in the base of the NutraMilk container, remove spigot and pour the juice into the mixture.
This is great on crackers, in an avocado boat, spread on bread with fresh tomato, or as a topping on your pasta! Garnish with olive oil and chopped black olives.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera