In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This colorful beet tahini dip is perfect to enjoy with chips, pita, veggies or as a sandwich spread. Enjoy!
For sesame seed butter
- 2 cups (220g) raw sesame seeds*
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 4 small or 2 medium roasted beets
- 2 Tbsps. sesame seed paste made with the NutraMilk
- 5 Tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (zest from approx. 2 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- For sesame seed butter
- Place sesame seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Store in airtight container and in the refrigerator to preserve.
- Meanwhile, cook the beets: cut off any tops, scrub the roots clean, put them in a covered dish with about 1/4-inch of water in a 375°F oven, and cook until easily penetrated with a knife or fork. Alternatively, cover with water in a saucepan and simmer until tender, about 1/2 hour. Peel once they have cooled.
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk (no need to clean NutraMilk after making sesame butter) and press Butter for a minute or more, until smooth. If it´s too thick, add a bit of water. Taste and adjust seasonings and any other ingredients you desire.