In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
There are so many types of spreads, butters and toppings you can combine thanks to the NutraMilk. Check out this yummy toast with a delicious sweet orange flavored hazelnut butter and dried figs- A perfect breakfast or snack for the colder months. Enjoy!
For hazelnut butter
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts (270 g)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
- orange zest (1 orange)
- Bread of choice (Gluten Free option)
- Dried Figs, sliced
- Orange zest, topping
- Sliced nuts of choice, topping
- Start by roasting hazelnuts at 350F for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown and fragrant.
- Rub off most of the skins (because they have bitter taste) with hands or other method.
- Place hazelnuts, orange zest and sugar in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Spread toast with 1-2 tablespoons of hazelnut butter, top with sliced dried figs and sprinkle orange zest and chopped almonds or other nuts. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.