In a Nutshell
Our recipes, diet, health, wellness and fitness blogazine, where we bring you weekly advice, ideas and inspiration for living a healthier lifestyle and your NutraMilk processor.
Immune-Boosting Super Nut & Seed Butters
A healthy diet can help keep your immune system strong.
There are a few key nutrients that are especially important for the immune system including:
- Vitamin C which protects you from infection by stimulating the formation of antibodies and boosting immunity;
- Vitamin A which has an antioxidant effect to help strengthen the immune system against infection;
- Vitamin B6 is involved in many chemical reactions in the body including those involving immune function;
- Zinc which appears to help slow down the immune response and control inflammation in the body;
- Vitamin E can be a powerful antioxidant that helps your body fight off infection and a few other such as selenium, iron, and folate.
We have chosen a few ingredients that contain nutrients that are essential for the immune system to function properly and we have combined them into delicious and nutritious immune-boosting nut & seed butters.
Are an excellent source of vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage and promotes healthy skin and hair. Plus, ounce for ounce, almonds are one of the most nutrient-dense nuts on earth providing many healthy nutrients.
Are especially rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), similar to those found in olive oil. Studies suggest that MUFAs can help in reducing inflammation and therefore reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Contrary to what most think, studies also show that MUFAs can aid in weight loss. Cashews offer many other healthy nutrients including the highest zinc and copper content than any other nut.
Contain ellagic acid which has anti-inflammatory effects as well as anti-mutagenic effects in the body and can even be neuroprotective. They are also the best food source of selenium which is also very important in combating inflammation in the body as well as promoting thyroid function. One single kernel provides 100% of the daily requirement!
These tiny orange-red color berries are packed with nutrition. They are an excellent source of vitamin C which is a natural antioxidant, known for improving immunity, helping protect against colds, the flu, and potentially cancer, skin and eye problems. Also an excellent source of vitamin A, another powerful antioxidant with many important functions as well as a concentrated source of many other vitamins and minerals and antioxidants such as flavonoids. They are the perfect addition to boost nutrition and especially antioxidant activity.
Are a good source of vitamin C. They also contain minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium and other vitamins.
Are a rich source of selenium which is known to boot immunity among the many other roles it has in the body. They are also rich in the powerful antioxidant vitamin E which is important for the immune system.
Are an excellent source of zinc which is necessary for the body´s immune system to work properly. It plays a role in cell division, cell growth, wound healing and more. Also, a good source of many other minerals and they offer a wide variety of antioxidants.
IngredientsImmune-boosting Super Nut Butter
- 3/4 cup (112g) almonds
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- ¼ cup (34g) brazil nuts
- ½ cup (56g) black currants
- ½ cup (67.5g) sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cup (200g) pumpkin seeds
- 12 tablespoons (120g) goji berries
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 10 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes or more for a creamier butter.